- Are you interested playing some pinball at least every two weeks?
- Interested in playing with a group of people that share the same passion?
- Interested in competing at your skill level and a competitive and fun environment?
- Interested in qualifying and playing in the IFPA National Championship in the US next year?
- Here is a great opportunity to do all these things and at the same time acquire IFPA world ranking points.
- Unless otherwise noted the DHPL will be playing all league events at Arkadium Retro Arcade in Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada, all events start at 7PM sharp.
- There will be a total of 20 league events and a league final at the end of the year League play dates in in Fall 2021, these can be found on the Arkadium Retro Arcade website or the IFPA website.
- Each player has the option to pay an annual DHPL membership fee of $50 ($100 if IFPA 1500 ranking or less), with that payment all DHPL league events are free. (Please note the person still needs to pay an entrance fee to the arcade on the day of the event).
- If you just want to show up in person on a league night event, it is a payment of $7.50 each night to be registered that night (please note the person still needs to pay an entrance fee to the arcade on the day of the event).
- A maximum of 80 players will be accepted to play on any given league night.
- A year end playoff in the start of December will be played to determine the overall winner in each division.
- Top 4 in A & B with receive cash and plaques and top 4 in every other division will receive a plaque at the year end playoff.
- Seven (7) games will be played each league night in 4 or less random player groups.
- We will use Match Play tournament software. Each event will use IFPA tournament scoring format to score you points from 7-5-3-1 for each round.
- The top (8) after every league night will play in one or two rounds (4,2,1,0) three game playoff to determine winner for the night. Note: Only significant tiebreakers will be broken, and it is determined by whomever had the best initial seed for the night. If there is a tie in initial tiebreaker then a one ball playoff is held to determine the seeding or winner.
- IFPA results will be submitted based the placement of each night including playoffs, world ranking points will be given for each submitted event.
- All of your league points accumulate during all DHPL league events, the top 15 events will be counted and included to determine your final playoff seed for the DHPL Championship Series.
There are no subs in this format, come to whatever events you want, the more accumulated points you have the better placement you have for the DHP Championship Series. If you only show up to the
DHP Championship Series then you will be placed as the worst seed in a division assigned by organizers.
DHPL Championship Series Final (December 3, 2022)
The DHPL Championship Series Final will feature a group of pinball machines selected by officials and located on the second floor of Arkadium Retro Arcade.
- Machines outside this group may not be selected for play. Officials may make machine substitutions as they deem necessary.
- Final league standings will be determined promptly after the last league event.
- There is no entry fee for the league final for DHPL members, a $7.50 fee for non members, $25 for players that haven’t played all year. The year end DHPL League Finals is open to all players even if they have not attended any of our previous events.
Everyone who plays, or wants to play in the final can. It depends on how many players register for the DHPL Championship Series throughout the year.
0-10 players: 1 division
11-20 players: 2 divisions
21-36 players: 3 divisions
37-52 players: 4 divisions
52-68 players: 5 divisions
69+ players: we will cross that bridge if it gets any bigger lol…
Players will be restricted depending on their IFPA ranking at the time of the registration.
IFPA Ranking < 1500 – Restricted to B division or higher.
No other restrictions apply.
A Division Playoff Format
The top player during regular season play will automatically receive a bye to the final phase.
7-10 places will start play a survivor group play. The winner of the first, second and third game will advance to the next round. The top seed get the pick of machine or position. If all players defer to position then the top seed must pick the machine. No player throughout survivor match play can pick the same machine twice. The survivor group play will continue through to 6th – 2nd seed until the 4 top finalists are determined.
In the final group it will be survivor group play format until the last match which is a head to head. A best of three match match will be played the top seed will get choice of machine or position in each game of the final phase.
- The winner of the DHPL Championship Series will be presented with the DHPL League belt.
For All Other Divisions:
- Using Challonge software each player will play a double knockout head to head, same game best of seven game match play to determine the winners in those divisions. A best out of five will be played for all loser bracket games.
- Highest seed gets the option of game choice or position, the lower will get the choice of machine or position.
General Playing Rules:
Our league follows the rules and guidelines pertaining to the league these can reviewed: www.diehardpinball.ca
Code of Conduct:
If you are noticeably drunk and slurring words, having trouble walking, etc you will be asked to leave the premises. I have no issues with those that would like to have a drink or two, just keep it under control.
If you are caught cheating in any way shape or form you will be banned from not just that event but the league without having any money returned, remember we are here for fun!
Misconduct will be dealt with on a per incident basis and includes:
- Intimidation both verbal and physical.
- Threatening actions or behavior both verbal and physical.
In the event of any dispute on the rules, a league organizer who is not involved in the game will rule on the dispute. Their decision is final.