Unless otherwise noted the location will be Lucky’s Lounge in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, all events start at 6:30PM sharp.
League play dates in 2019 can be found on the events page
Are you interested playing some pinball every three weeks, interested in playing with a group of people that share the same passion, interested in competing at your skill level and a competitive and fun environment, interested in qualifying and playing in the IFPA National Championship in the US next year? Here is a great opportunity to do all these things and at the same time acquire IFPA world ranking points.
- League Commitments:
- Each player pays a league fee of $90 plus normal coin drop at the day of the event.
- There will be a total of 18 league events during the year and a league final, the schedule will be posted on diehardpinball.ca
- Forty (40) players will be accepted for league play.
- Six (6) games will be played each league night in 4 or less random player groups.
- The top fifteen (15) point totals will be counted to your overall league standing, in other words you will be able to drop your three (3) league event lowest scores.
- The top (8) in every league night will play in a (4,2,1,0) three game playoff to determine winner for the night. Note: Tiebreakers will be broken by initial seed for the night, whomever has the best seed in regular play will win the tiebreaker. If there is a tie in initial tiebreaker then a one game playoff is held to determine the seeding.
- IFPA results will be submitted based the placement of each night including playoffs, playoff points will also count in league standings. There will be a total of 18 IFPA submissions, world ranking points will be given for each submitted event.
- A year end playoff in November will be played to determine the overall winner in each division.
- League Dates for 2019 Season:
- The league will play at Lucky’s Lounge or other locations on the following dates:
|January 17||January 31||February 14||February 28||March 14|
|March 28||April 11||May 2||May 16||May 30|
|June 13||June 27||September 5||September 19||October 3|
|October 17||November 7||November 21||November 28|
- Based on 40 entries, all divisions will receive custom league winner plaques and the following prize monies: (The league can adjust the payouts on the amount of entries it receives)
- Top 3 in every division will receive a plaque at the year end playoff.
- Regular Season Structure:
4.1 League Structure: There will be eighteen (18) league events in the calendar year. Each event, players will play six (6) total games each night in random four (4) player or less groups. All scores will count and will be added to your total ranking score for the night. We will use the IFPA tournament scoring format to score you points from 7-5-3-1 for each round. Regular season points will be awarded from the point totals that you achieve each league night, (including playoff rounds).
The total regular season points will determine who the top 8 are and move ahead to the ‘A, B, C, D, E’ league finals. If you are the winner in any of the 18 league events, you automatically qualify for one of the top spots in A division unless there are more an eight different winners then you will be placed in the next division, as the standings go by wins and then points.
4.2 Substitution Rule: There will be a substitution rule where you can have a sub replace you up to six times during season play. A player must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if they are sending a sub to an event or add it into team cowboy, and let us know the name of the individual. The intent of this rule is to allow a player who just cannot make all events to have someone play in their place so they can at least score some points for that week. This rule will be monitored as it is not to bring in a ringer to play for you that night so you can move up in the standings. If you are attending any of the events you must play, unless you are physically incapable in doing so.
4.3 Attendence: This is managed through a tool called Team Cowboy. A link is provided by the league, you must accept it and then it is your responsibility to let the organizers know if you will be attending or not attending an event. A sub list is maintained by the DHPL and preference order of subs are given to the competitiors who indicate their absence first.
- DHPL League Championship Final (November 28, 2019)
- The DHPL Championship League Final will feature a group of pinball machines selected by officials. Machines outside this group may not be selected for play. Officials may make machine substitutions as they deem necessary. Final league standings will be determined promptly after the last league event. There is no entry fee for the league final, and it is only open to qualified players.
For A Division Players:
- Qualified Players: will be notified promptly by league coordinators. There will be no substitutions, and entrants into the league final are non-transferable in other words no subs!!!).
- Endurance Phase: NEW: of the league final consists of a series of four-player games. The first game is played by the four lowest-seeded players. The highest-seeded player has choice of machine or order of play. Position is determined through the remaining players in descending order of seeding. The player who has the lowest score is eliminated from the final. When the final 4 starts, the lowest score is eliminated, and then the top 3, then top 2 play to see who is the eventual winner of the championship. No player may choose the same machine more than once, but any player may choose a machine already played, provided it was not the machine most recently played.
For B-E Divisions:
- Will play a double knockout head to head one game match play to determine the winners in those divisions.
- Highest seed gets the option of game choice or position.
- General Playing Rules:
Our league follows the rules and guidelines pertaining to the league these can reviewed: www.diehardpinball.ca
6.1 Code of Conduct:
- If you are noticeably drunk and slurring words, having trouble walking, etc you will be asked to leave the premises. I have no issues with those that would like to have a drink or two, just keep it under control.
- If you are caught cheating in any way shape or form you will be banned from not just that event but the league without having any money returned, remember we are here for fun!
- Misconduct will be dealt with on a per incident basis and includes:
- Intimidation both verbal and physical.
- Threatening actions or behavior both verbal and physical.
- In the event of any dispute on the rules, a league organizer who is not involved in the game will rule on the dispute. Their decision is final.