Unless otherwise noted the location will be Lucky’s Lounge in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, all events start at 7:00PM sharp.
League play dates in 2018 can be found on the events page
Are you interested playing some pinball every three weeks, interested in playing with a group of people that share the same passion, interested in competing at your skill level and a competitive and fun environment, interested in qualifying and playing in the IFPA National Championship in the US next year? Here is a great opportunity to do all these things and at the same time acquire IFPA world ranking points.
- League Commitments:
- Each player pays a league fee of $80 plus normal coin drop at the day of the event.
- There will be a total of 14 league events during the year and a league final, the schedule will be posted on diehardpinball.ca
- Forty (40) players will be accept for league play.
- Five (5) games will be played each league night in 4 or less random player groups.
- The top twelve (12) point totals will be counted to your overall standing, in other words you will be able to drop your two (2) league event lowest scores.
- The top (4) in every second league night will play in a (4,2,1,0) three game playoff to determine winner for the night. The two league night totals will be combined together to make up the top 4 in league, IFPA results will be submitted based the points you actually accumulated on both nights, there will be a total of 8 IFPA submissions in 2018 for league. IFPA world ranking points will be given for each submitted event.
- A year end playoff in November will be played to determine the overall winner in each division.
- League Dates for 2017 Season:
- The league will play at Lucky’s Lounge and may choose to play (4) special event nights* on the following dates:
January 18 February 1 February 15 March 1* March 15 April 5 April 19* May 17 May 31 June 14* September 20 October 4 October 18* November 8 November 22
- All divisions will receive custom league winner plaques and the following prize monies:
A B C D E
240 160 80
160 80 40
3 160 80 40 20
- Regular Season Structure:
4.1 League Structure: There will be fourteen (14) league events in the calendar year. Each event, players will play five (5) total games each night in random four (4) player or less groups. All scores will count and will be added to your total ranking score for the night. We will use the IFPA tournament scoring format to score you points from 7-5-3-1 for each round. Regular season points will be awarded from the point totals that you achieve each league night. The total regular season points will determine who the top 8 are and move ahead to the ‘A, B, C, D, E’ league finals. If you are the winner in any of the 7 league events you automatically qualify for one of the top spots in either A division, as the standings go by wins and then points.
4.2 Substitution Rule:
There will be a substitution rule where you can have a sub replace you up to (4) four times during season play. A player must send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if they are sending a sub to an event, and let us know the name of the individual. The intent of this rule is to allow a player who just cannot make all events to have someone play in their place so they can at least score some points for that week. This rule will be monitored as it is not to bring in a ringer to play for you that night so you can move up in the standings. If you are attending any of the events you must play, unless you are physically incapable in doing so.
- DHPL League Championship Final (November 22, 2018)
- The DHPL Championship League Final will feature a group of pinball machines selected by officials. Machines outside this group may not be selected for play. Officials may make machine substitutions as they deem necessary. Final league standings will be determined promptly after the last league event. There is no entry fee for the league final, and it is only open to qualified players.
For A Division Players:
- Qualified Players: will be notified promptly by league coordinators. There will be no substitutions, and entrants into the league final are non-transferable in other words no subs!!!).
- Endurance Phase: of the league final consists of a series of four-player games. The first game is played by the four lowest-seeded players. The highest-seeded player has choice of machine or order of play. Position is determined through the remaining players in descending order of seeding. The player who has the lowest score is eliminated from the final. No player may choose the same machine more than once, but any player may choose a machine already played, provided it was not the machine most recently played. Officials may remove any machine from consideration at any time. The top-seeded player does not participate in the Endurance Phase; when he or she is among the final four players remaining, the Marathon Phase immediately begins.
- The Marathon Phase: For A division only this consists of five (5) games played between the final four players, utilizing the rules and scoring of standard qualification rounds, except as described herein. Five (5) machines will be selected by league organizers, position of play will be determined by seeding. Any ties for first place at the end of the Marathon Phase will be resolved by an additional game, played between the tied players, on a machine randomly selected by officials. In a tiebreaking game, the highest-seeded player has choice of order of play, proceeding in descending order of seeding.
- Each four-player game will be scored as follows:
1st 2nd 3rd 4th Points 4 2 1
For B-E Divisions:
- Will play a double knockout head to head one game match play to determine the winners in those divisions.
- General Playing Rules:
Our league follows the rules and guidelines pertaining to the league these can reviewed: www.diehardpinball.ca
6.1 Code of Conduct:
- If you are noticeably drunk and slurring words, having trouble walking, etc you will be asked to leave the premises. I have no issues with those that would like to have a drink or two, just keep it under control.
- If you are caught cheating in any way shape or form you will be banned from not just that event but the league without having any money returned.
- Misconduct will be dealt with on a per incident basis and includes:
- Intimidation both verbal and physical.
- Threatening actions or behavior both verbal and physical.
1. In the event of any dispute on the rules, a league organizer who is not involved in the game will rule on the dispute. Their decision is final.